The Maysles Documentary Center is accepting applications from college students and graduates for internships in our Cinema, New Media, and Development departments and a focused Graphic Design internship. Interns work on a part-time, minimum 2 days/week basis for three to six months. All internships at the Documentary Center require interns volunteer four nights a month to work a screening at our movie theater (either taking tickets or projecting movies).
To apply, please submit :
Read about our space and interning for us in "Cinema Verité: Maysles creates cinematic discourse uptown", an article that Maysles Documentary Center design intern Anneliese Cooper wrote and published in The Eye, the magazine of the Columbia Spectator.
• Cover letter in the form of a personal statement of no more than 500 words, explaining why you would like to take part in the internship program and letting us know something about yourself your interests, concerns, ideas. Make sure to note the internship department(s) you are applying for: Cinema, New Media, Development, or Graphic Design.
• Your resume - include a list of relevant skill sets (particularly computer programs and be honest about your degree of proficiency).
• Optional - a link to or DVD reel of your own work in film or a project you contributed to. Limit to 5 minutes.
• Graphic Design internship applicants must submit a graphic design work sample.
• Cinema and New Media internship applicants must complete an additional application responding to 3 out of the 5 questions listed in the pdfs below:
Incomplete applications will not be acknowledged. Interviews for finalists will be set up after the above materials have been received and evaluated.
Submit completed application materials to:
• [email protected] with subject heading “Internship” and name of the department. If you are applying to more than one department, you should include the other departments you are applying to in your cover letters.
Direct questions about the internship program or application process to: [email protected]